Thursday, March 06, 2008

Driving adventures

So, I drive a lot because of school and some time see interesting things. On the way home today I was coming off of the Morrison bridge and as I was heading east there was a cop car sitting on the corner of each block.....for about six blocks. I have no clue what was happening-robbery suspect, politician motorcade- but it certainly peeked my interest. I was glad that I didn't caught up in whatever was about to happen.

Then I had a theologian sighting on I-5 when I passed Ray Lubeck in his mini-van. It looked like he had his family with him and I didn't wave because I didn't want to look like a raving lunatic. It was one of the moments where I was thinking...."Would he recognize me....? Ah, just keep driving." Regardless it always fun and satisfying to have those "small world" moments where we see people that we know in unexpected places.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Ah, police activity. I used to see that everynight that I would close I would see at least one incident of police activity. Many times there was 5-6 cars. A couple times there times when there was 25+ there around 82nd overpass of 205.

We don't get that as much here in Siloam Springs.

Joel & Brittany Thomas said...

Yeah, it was weird....it seemed like they were going to be shutting down the roads at some point or something. Keeps the drive interesting.