Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Happenings

So Britt and I got to spend three days at the beach over the weekend-very nice. My family has a cabin in Cannon Beach which for the most part is pretty easily accessed. Just a phone call to gramps and away we go. Britt made a comment about how some people have to plan a year in advance to do something as such and yet my whole life I've had easy access to it. I'll get to my point....

When we lived in Bellingham we lived on a lake at a summer camp for about six months about 30 minutes from town. We probably saw 'Erin' (named by Britt) the heron more than we saw the four other people that lived right by us. Pretty good deal...but I didn't realize how good of a deal it was. We had a friend of ours out for dinner who isn't a believer and she was literally brought to tears by just being out there and seeing the beauty of where we were living. To us, it had just become a drive down a mile long dirt road to our tiny studio. How easy it is to take things for granted.....life becomes too routine. Right now I push a broom at a machine shop-not exactly my life's aspirations but it's a job. The unemployment rate in Longview has gone up 20% in the last year but yet I have a job. Not glamorous but it's money. My point is this: It's really easy to lose sight of my blessings when I'm not seeing correctly. Do I just 'look' at life or do I 'see' it for what it really is.

Thanks Lord for blessing me, even when I don't always see it.

1 comment:

Jed said...

Man, how true. And as easy as itis to forget about the 'extra' blessings, how much more so it is to forget about the really basic blessings like the fact that I'm healthy enough to wake up every morning, dress myself, and go to work.