Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The agony and the ecstacy

I must confess that after not living in a house with cable for about 7 years, I'm making the most of my current situation. One of the shows that I really enjoy watching is the Amazing Race. (Check here) Season 6 ended last night and it was agony. All season the team of Kris and Jon just quietly went along their business, enjoying the experiences and the people as they went along. Definitely your 'nice guys'. Now granted the show is produced and as a viewer I probably just saw all of the 'nice' moments but regardless they were cool. The final leg of this race always gets me pretty worked up and nervous. I was pulling hard last night for Kris and Jon who in a close final leg were beaten by Freddy and Kendra. Not my favorite team....but they were okay. I was bummed though-I don't get that worked up in life-but last night was one of those nights. Life sucked and my world was ending...after I finished throwing a 'fit' Britt commented-" I've never seen you get this worked up". So as I'm sulking on the bed to watch the previews for next season, I find out...."what! It's on from three weeks from now! I can't believe it! Survivor and The Amazing Race on at the same time.!" Oh the ecstacy!-kind of pitiful though too...

2 comments:

Jed said...

you're pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Right there with ya Joel. And Jed, Joel's not pathetic... cause if he is, then that makes me...

No, he' not pathetic