Monday, February 11, 2008

Mr Moore


A few weeks back we watched Sicko with some friends of ours. Now I know that Mr. Moore is a bit of an extremist, open to some criticism, and presents his films in a very slick one sided presentation...but if you haven't seen this, I think that you should. It's worth watching once and I think generates some good food for thought.

In particular, he focuses about a half hour on the health systems of Great Britain and France which only makes part of me really want to move there. A lot of Europe seems to have figured some things out much better (i.e. free universities, incredible mass transit, etc.) than the good ole' US of A-that's not to say that I don't like the US but I think there are some things we could work on doing better.

1 comment:

The Horne's said...

I agree, they have it right in many ways...6 weeks of vacation, 1 year of maternity leave, etc.
It was a good movie, of course taking some of his extreme things with a grain of salt.