Friday, April 20, 2007

Finally....


Okay, I know. I watch American Idol. I haven't voted......in two seasons but it is kind of fun to watch. So finally this week Sanjaya is no more. It was kind of interesting when they announced he was out. At one moment I wanted to jump up and down and cheer that he was out. The next moment I was realizing "This is just a tv show and he's just a 17 yr. old. Why am I happy?".

Feeling glad that he was gone yet bad for wishing "ill" towards him was interesting. It's amazing how something like a tv show can get you so invested in emotions and the individuals of the show. "Reality tv" seems to tap in to the desire for the viewer to follow a story. Or maybe even be part of a story. I havent' quite fully followed this out and don't know how it connects to us being part of a bigger story. Not by any means are tv shows supposed to be part of our bigger story but that appeal to our desire to be in a story. Maybe that's it and why it gets so easy to get lost in them. Huh. I'll have to keep pondering this one.

No comments: