Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wii madness.



For Christmas this year Brittany's mom said that she wanted to get family members one big gift. Brittany decided that she'd aim high and ask for a Wii. This surprised me because I've never thought of her as a video game person but there is the element of being active that appeals to her. Regardless of it being an expensive Christmas wish it was granted....and knowing that Santa was bringing the Wii we decided to pick up the Wii fit

Overall good stuff. The Wii sports games are pretty fun and the Fit especially is clever. The added bonus that I've become excited about is the ability to download many classic games. I never had a Nintendo or Super Nintendo growing up and always had to play those systems at a friend's house. We had a Sega which was fun but not quite the same. 

Today for $5 I bought Super Mario Brothers. It's awesome. The music, the graphics, the sound of squishing the Goombas makes me feel like I'm 8 yrs. old again. I love it.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Nice...I think the Wii is the best. Enjoy.

Joel & Brittany Thomas said...

Yeah, I've been pretty impressed. Being able to download the older games is a genius feature and makes the purchase all the more worth it.

Fogey said...

no kidding. Most of the time i'm on the xbox, i play the $10 arcade games.